Seeing to the wellbeing and safety of those more vulnerable
The StreetWatch Project has been raised up in response to the many unmet needs of Brisbane city homeless, ‘street people’ and the disenfranchised, after dark. It's objective is to provide safety and general well-being through:
- Pro-active mobile patrol - patrolling the city and the city’s public spaces/parks, late til early, actively watching out for those who are homeless, homeless with roofs, or just find themselves on the street
- One on one support and assistance - a non-policing, non-authoritarian outreach, available for anyone seeking basic support, one on one counselling, mental health and other medical care and/or spiritual support
- ‘On-call’ rapid response - ‘On-call’ rapid response for any government agency or city stakeholder needing late night welfare intervention or Chaplaincy care and assistance
- Advocacy and representation - by ChaplainWatch being part of community/public committees/groups, ChaplainWatch (through its StreetWatch project) can be a voice to these people, by advocating for their rights.
- Prayer - offering spiritual prayer and support where requested by the individual